Junior Lifeguard Aide
Taking Junior Guards to the next level!
1) Name and contact information (including an email address).
2) Why you are interested in being an assistant.
3) Background and Experience.
4) Minimum of one reference.
5) Which sessions you are available to volunteer for.
After you send your letter of intent, you must register for the session(s) you would like to work. Select your session below to register. Candidates not selected for an Aide position will be refunded, minus a $2.50 transaction fee.
You can also register in person at:
Parks and Recreation Department
505 S. Vulcan Avenue
Phone: (760) 633-2740
On the first day of your session at 8am, you must meet with the Junior Lifeguard Instructor. You will be required to pass a series of small tests to ensure that you are more than comfortable in the ocean. The test will consist of a Run-Swim-Run and a Paddle Test. Requirements of each are listed below:
Run-Swim-Run - quarter-mile run, 500 yard swim, quarter-mile run.
Paddle Test - 500 yard paddle
All swim suits must be navy blue. No suits may be revealing, and must be athletic in nature, and meet the required specifications. In addition, a royal blue T-shirt and a white rashguard will be issued.
Junior Lifeguard Aides who would like to receive community service during the hours that they are actively assisting instructors must complete the following steps:
1) He/she must obtain necessary paperwork from their school
2) He/she must contact their instructor and notify them of their desire to earn community service hours